Thursday, February 12, 2015

Pillows with my Boys

Every Christmas I help my nephews make something for their mamas. This year I decided we'd do pillows. My younger nephews' mom and grandma both drive dump trucks, so when I got this awesome Busy City paper piecing pattern I knew that would be great! The boys picked out the colors and fabrics and I think they did a great job! The 6.5 year old picked out the pinks for his mom (she does love pink!) and the 9 year old picked some cute ones for his grandma.







For my oldest nephew's mom I decided on a simple heart pattern that I just quickly sketched out. Again, he picked out all the fabrics. After I pieced and quilted each pillow, the boys got to use the sewing machine! I did a simple flap style backing with some cute winter themed fabric, used my new-to-me embroidery machine to create a label right on the back, and let the boys stitch them up! I had fun playing with some of the decorative stitches on the new machine as well, very fun for quilting!



Before stitching into pillow top



Proud boy and happy mama!



2 comments:

Akash Healthcare said...


That is an amazing read! Thanks for sharing!
Akash Healthcare and diagnostics is headed by Dr. Shalini Sharma who is DG Shipping approved doctor in Noida for conducting seafarer examination such as Panama medical in Noida, Offshore Medical in Noida, IMU Medical in Noida, ECG/TMT in Noida, Covid RTPCR test in Noida, Full Body Health Package in Noida, PFT in Noida DG shipping approved doctor in Noida We also provide Covid RTPCR test and antibody test through ICMR approved labs with barcoded reports within 24-36 hours in Noida.

AFM Logistics said...

AFM Logistics Pvt Ltd is an international freight forwarding and customs clearing company established in Delhi. The company was constituted in 2012 and is indulged in providing complete logistics solution. The company has its own setup and wide network of agents throughout the world. . Best Custom Clearing Company in Delhi . They are the best air cargo and ocean freight forwarding company in Delhi, India. AFM Logistics Pvt Ltd has been working as Import and Export Agent in India since 2012. They have been providing personal baggage shipping services in India for a very long time.