Sock Monkey Quilt
A while back I got a grab bag of 12 pounds of fabric from the Fat Quarter Shop. It had some great stuff in it, including several pieces (around 1/3 yard each) from Erin Michael's 5 Funky Monkey line. I finally decided to use it for a baby quilt for my dear friend's first baby.
I slightly altered the 4 patch pattern from Quilts for Kids to include more fabrics and increased the size of the blocks so I could get the number of them I wanted. I used 4 pieces of monkey fabric, plus two blenders from my stash for the front, and two other pieces of monkey fabric for the back. This whole quilt was from my stash besides the green solid on the back (Ikea sheet!) and a little solid blue for the binding. Also, I got my brother to buy the sheet for me :)
Back! My first pieced back, it was going to be a strip all the way across but I love the brown polka dots and decided this would be cute.
Maybe next time I will actually do the binding "correctly" and handstitch the back. I'm still cheating and machine stitching it.
I still have some of this fabric left, definitely enough to piece another baby quilt (with a lot of sashing or blenders or something!) My friend really liked it!