Tuesday, April 02, 2013

A do.Good Stitches Converging Corners Charity Quilt

I recently joined the Faith circle of do.Good stitches, which is a modern charity quilting bee organized on Flickr. December was my month to choose a pattern and color scheme and everyone in the group sent me two blocks.





 I picked Converging Corners from Film in the Fridge because I'd had it pinned for a long time and a fellow guild member had made one and it looked great! I asked everyone to make (2) 12 1/2 inch blocks in purples from lavender to dark purple to fuchsia, as well as periwinkle and aqua, and to mix it up, I asked that some of the white background pieces be replaced with light to medium solid gray fabric. The results were wonderful!









It took longer than expected for everyone to get me their blocks but all together it looked pretty sweet.









Even more exciting was that my friend Rachel at 2nd Avenue Studio volunteered to long arm quilt it for me! She also generously donated the batting and backing. She quilted some beautiful feather designs all over it.









I'll be shipping this off tomorrow to our group leader so that she can give it to our charity, which is for girls who have been rescued from human trafficking.

No comments: