Friday, July 26, 2013

X's and O's Baby Quilt

I finished this quilt last month for a good friend's baby girl, and finally gave it to her today! I'm really pleased with how it turned out, initially I had started working on my own design of something different but I got this in my head and couldn't let go. When she first told me her nursery scheme, I was a bit stumped, but after finding a couple cute purple and brown prints and filling the rest in with more monotone fabric, I grew to really love the combo!

Sadly my camera died and I only had my 5 and 7 yo nephews to hold the quilt up, so these are the best pics I have right now.








Just the top:





I used the idea and block size/construction hints from this blog post:

http://kelbysews.blogspot.com/2013/05/gifts-leftovers-requests-and-progress.html

No comments: