Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wip Wednesday--Blocks and Swaps

I managed to get a bit of sewing done this week. I have a few more things I want to get to, but I started with the most time sensitive. What I'm actually working on next is a baby quilt for a friend. His baby girl was just born yesterday, and on his birthday! I have the top 75% completed already, so I just need that final push.  I always consider once I've got it basted that I'm home free, since that's my stumbling block and I can quilt and bind so quickly.

After that baby quilt, my next project will be to work on my July quilt top for do.Good stitches. I picked a Greek cross block and asked people to use plum, coral, emerald, and navy.


 
I think I've received all of my blocks at this point, but knew there was no way I could get to work on it until the meetup was done.

So, what I finished this week was my August block for my Faith circle of do.Good stitches. The block was designed by my group leader and the tutorial can be found here.


I also finished a swap for Craftster that is going out in the next day or two. It was a fat quarter swap, you took two fat quarters and made whatever you thought your partner would like out of them using up as much of the fabric as possible. So, maybe it would be one bag, or 3 small things, or some other combo, but it was less about size/number of items than most swap requirements tend to be.

I ended up making a little clutch from Noodlehead, a zigzag mug rug, an offset square wrist pincushion (which did not really come out correctly), and then I played slice and dice with the scraps, stitching and cutting and then turning the results into a little drawstring pouch.




2 comments:

AnnMarie said...

Love, love that zig zag mug rug!

CapitolaQuilter said...

The fabric and colors of the greek cross are really pretty.