Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Woven Block Baby Quilt

A good friend of mine from way back when and his wife just had their first baby. And it's a girl! Squee! Everyone seems to be having boys lately, and I was excited to get my pink on! I used part of a jelly roll on it that I had previously used (in conjunction with a matching charm square pack) on this quilt.

I used this free pattern from Moda Bake Shop for the blocks, only made 9 of them, and then put a small border around it to bring it out to about 40 inches square.





For the back I pieced a few lengths of fabric together, then split them, rotated, and inserted a column of blocks I made with the various leftover fabrics--I was excited when I found a few of the charm blocks left over from the last project! Some pink polka dot binding and I was good to go!




1 comment:

AnnMarie said...

What a really sweet baby quilt and lucky for you that you got to use girl colors for a change!