Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mini Corndog Muffins

For some reason I have trouble getting my nephews to eat protein while they're with me. Usually they just want bread, or toaster waffles. The other day I had an idea to make homemade corn dogs, but I don't love to fry things at home (what do you do with the oil when you're done with it?) so I started thinking about baking them. Then I decided to get super lazy and just stick chunks of hot dog into mini corn muffins. Luckily it turned out to be a great projec to do with a 4 year old who likes to play with butter knives. I mixed up the packaged corn bread mix and sprayed a mini muffin tin while I put the kid to work.


Next time I would put the muffin mix in first, then stick in a bit of hot dog and some shredded cheese, but this time we put the hot dogs in first. Cutting them in quarters is perfect to fit into mini muffin tins


After baking for the recommended time on the box, I had a fun snack or lunch for the kids! I was eating carbs that day and had quite a few too!




1 comment:

Julie G. said...

This is such a great idea for a university student too! Easy, fun and tasty. Can't wait to try this!