Monday, October 22, 2012

Double Baby Quilts

My cousin recently had a baby and I loved her color scheme--red, black, white, and gray! I lucked onto a boxed set of Michael Miller First Sight fabric that came with Fat Quarters, a cute panel, ribbons, a board book, and patterns for a great price. Since it's slightly quirky fabric, I checked with my cousin first before I got it, but she loved it so I got it and got to working!

After a loooooot of work, I had this quilt top completed~


It's the Mod Mosaic Tutorial and I love the results! But, when I looked at the results I realized I hadn't really used up very much of the cute fabric I had bought.

So I started a second quilt top before I basted, quilt or bound the first. I had a fairly simple but striking half square triangle quilt pinned to Pinterest for awhile, so I started to make HSTs. And I made them, and made them, and revised my plan a few times to include some solid red squares in each block....and then I decided to include some solid gray large squares in the overall pattern.


I finished the half square triangle quilt on a trip up to Discovery Bay with some crafty friends, my fellow Craftster mod LimeRiot and my guild buddy Britney! Crafting is always more fun with other people...and alcohol :)

No comments: